Monday, July 16, 2012

Our First Mission

Our First Mission


Our first mission is to make someone smile. This might sound miniscule, but you just might make someone's day.

Materials:
  • Piece of paper or card
  • Envelope
  • Pen or Marker 
Instructions:
  1. Write a silly joke or a nice note in the card and seal the envelope
  2. Hand to a stranger with a furrowed brow or have someone deliver it for you to keep it more random and secretive

The important part of this, is to make sure you pick someone you don't know. It will have such a greater impact.

I got a pack of blank cards at Michael's craft store that have cute cows on them for fifty cents. Inside, I wrote "What do you get when a cow laughs? A Milk Shake! Have a good day!" I have a few of these in my purse to hand out as needed. I walked up to the first person I saw today who looked unhappy, and just said "this is for you," and walked away. It wasn't much, but I couldn't help but to linger close enough to see them open it.

Mission accomplished.
  



I would love to know how many people have participated in this, and also for suggestions on future acts of kindness. Stay tuned next Monday for our next act of kindness!

No comments:

Post a Comment