Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Mission: Redbox Return

I've been really bad about posting on this blog, but this is the week that changes!

Here's the boring story about how I came up with this idea:

Last week, my boyfriend and I rented a movie from Redbox. As I usually do, I forgot to return it the following day. I also forgot to return it the next day and the next day and... well, let's just say we probably spent $15 on the movie by the time it made it back to the Redbox machine. Where we live, redbox is $1.20 per night, so I was feeling pretty guilty about forgetting to return the movie since it was on the Boy's debit card. This sparked an idea for a random act of kindness, thus mission Redbox Return was born. 


Materials: 
  • -Redbox rental
  • -$1 or $2
  • -Tape (optional)
  • -Sticky Note & Pen (optional)

Directions:
First you may write a note to the recipient if you like. 
I wrote a short note on a sticky note and stuck it to the dollar bill. 
Then fold the dollar(s)however you like in order to make sure the money is able to fit in the Redbox case without popping open (we don't want to cause any trouble with the Redbox machines by having them pop open.) I folded mine in half hotdog style (or for the more serious readers, fold horizontally) and then folded each corner down, kind of like a "dog ear." Put the money into the DVD box, as not to interfere with its ability to close and stay closed. You can use tape to hold the money down if needed.

All you have to do now, is return your Redbox movie to the machine!

If you have any ideas to share or feedback on this Random Act of Kindness, please share!


1 comment:

  1. I love this idea so much! It is so creative and such a great way to give back. I know I would be excited if I opened my redbox DVD and found a little bit of money. Keep up the good work with your random acts of kindness! :D

    ReplyDelete